Global Mobile Telecommunications Industry
Telecommunication is the transmission of information from one point to another considered the distance is long or it may be short. In the ancient days human being used different elements like smoke, horns, beacons, signal flags, optical heliographs to communicate with each other and send signals. Now in modern days electric signals are used and the new era of microwave communication is started. The first breakthrough was the invention and successful use of telegraph in 1830.
A revolution in the wireless telecommunication began in the first decade of the 20th century. Telecommunication plays an important role in world economy and the world wide telecommunication revenue hits $550.4 billion in 2010.
At the beginning of 2010 the Global Finance market was not steady. Even of so much financial uncertainty; the fact is telecommunication is a key sector where the growth was still unchanged. Telecommunication is a factor of social economic advancement like energy and water. The World Bank research found that the total GDP was 2.5 percent in 1990. Insight research also forecast that the telecommunication industry growth was 4.9% in 2009 and is going to be 5.6% in the year 2013.
Global Economic Impact:
- If we consider the micro-economic scale, companies have used telecommunication industry to become the business giant. Now a days people order from pizza to electrician over the telephone. Even relatively poor communicates are also now usual with the telephone facility and using this for their own advantage. In Bangladesh the isolated villages use mobile phone and talk to the whole seller to arrange a standard price for their good rather holding the hand of a middle man. In Côte d’Ivoire,the coffee growers use mobile phone to monitor the price of the coffee in an hourly basis and arrange the best price to sell it.
- Now in the world of telecommunication is ruled with the technology of WiMax,3G and LET(Long Term Evolution).
- In October 2008,it was necessary to introduce a $700 bail out plan by the Federal government.
- TIA(Telecommunication Industry Association) is accredited by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI) to develop the standards for the telecommunication product.TIA’s looks upon 10 telecommunication standard areas which is covered by more than 70 standard formulating groups.The 10 areas are Mobile Private Radio, Steel Antenna Towers, Multi Function Peripheral Devices, Satellites, User Premises Equipment, Premises Cabling (both copper and fiber), Mobile Communications Systems, Terrestrial Mobile Multimedia Multicast, Vehicular Telematics and Healthcare.TIA has members from the manufacturing group,service provider,end user and even also the representative from the government.
- There is a research material called “TIA Annual Play book” which consists of valuable data regarding information, communication and the business information and economic condition of global telecommunication industry.
- The global telecommunication industry in the year 2010 began to recover from the critical stage of global recession that led to a decline in the end of 2009.Rising in 2010 touches 4.7 percent. In the year 2009 the reversing percentage was 3.3 percent.In 2010 it was overcome and a rising rate of 4.7 is achieved.
- In 2011 the rate which is expected is more than that cause the economical scenario is boost up and the demand of data transmission and telecommunication user in different sector is increasing at a higher rate more than ever.The projected rising rate of telecommunication industry upto 2013 is expected at a rate of 7 percent followed by a 6.14 advance at the beginning of 2014.US market will not rise as much high as other parts of the world as the technology almost exist in most of the stages.Still the use of LTE is increasing in the rural US.
- Internet and mobile traffic is so high that it is putting pressure to the service provider to increase the infrastructure at its backbone.So; the wireless infrastructure needs to be increased to meet the increasing demand of the subscribers.
- Growing the penetration of the smart phones and the note books and rollout of LTE and other high tech wireless technology implementation will further the data transmission and reception bandwidth.The emergence of cloud computing will replace the heavy hardware.But the expansion will be done cause the over all market will increase this service to get the state of-the-art-service.On balance, cloud computing will have a positive impact on spending of the service providers.
- Video conferencing will have a great impact to the total economic growth in the field of telecommunication as it is easier to conduct a conferencing without a business travel.An expanding economy which now exists will play an important role in the field of telecommunication for the next four years.
- The total global telecommunications industry spending is $4.1 trillion in 2010. The spending figure for the US $985 billion and other regions generated a combined $3.1 trillion.
- The global telecommunication is witnessing a radical change.Earlier it was only experiencing the revenue and service for voice calls.But now data is the most important part which is added in the service.With the basic service of voice the data transmission is the challenge in this industry.Data transmission in a higher rate is the goal now and most of the competitive companies in the globe are working on this part.For this reason the terms and the facilities 3G, WiMax and LTE comes.
The internet was a major factor to change the direction of its business.When broadband was added to the mix. People were really interested to take the advantage of this facility.Day by day social impact of this service is been observed. “The telecommunications industry is growing, and broadband networking that will be deployed to facilitate new service offers is leading the way,” says Bharatbook.com.
Nearly all of the growth in both sectors is expected to take place in broadband services, with wireless broadband service revenues expected to grow at a compounded rate of more than 70 percent over the forecast period, while wire line broadband services grow at under 10 percent over the same forecast horizon. Global telecommunications is used to refer to telecommunications companies which have a presence around the world. In addition, a number of telecommunications companies have a department that focuses on their clients needs in terms of global communications.